Monday, April 12, 2010

Shari's Best Fashion Purchases




Purple plaid winter coat from Delia's
-I asked for this coat for Christmas in 2005 and I've been wearing it ever since. It's not warm enough or long enough to wear when it's -10, but it's the perfect in-between weather jacket. It's also lasted really well over the years.

-Also note the hats my mom and I are sporting in this picture.  Pretty much our worst fashion purchase as we bought them off the streets of NYC and got forehead rashes almost instantly.





Jones NY winter coat from The Bay
-Walking door to door to teach piano lessons, I inevitably feel like Mary Poppins, and this coat helps!  It's the warmest thing I've ever owned.  It's definitely worth the money to have a coat that falls to the top of your boots, and worth looking a little bit like a shapeless blob.




Purple polka dotted rainboots from Stoneridge
-These I bought in 2004 and wear them every single time it rains. I spent a good deal of money on them at the time, but my dry feet are worth it. Be careful not to wear rainboots out in the freezing cold, otherwise they might crack (thanks for the tip Vikki, and sorry you had to learn from experience!).

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
-An ongoing purchase: I buy a new one every 6 months or so. I wear this under my eyeshadow every day and no matter what kind of eyeshadow I wear, it never creases.  Totally worth the $18.  This is the most important part of my daily routine; so important that when I was running out in Newfoundland, Sef went to Sephora and bought me a new one, then flew to Newfoundland just so I could have flawless eyeshadow all day long.  Okay, so he was coming for a visit anyway.

Pink American Eagle Hoodie
-Purchased in 2005, I wore it all the time for years. Though the colour has faded a bit and a bit of the embroidery has come undone, it is still my old faithful sweater.  Here you see Jenny and I both sporting our American Eagle hoodies circa 2005.


Wrap Dress from Fashion Crimes
-Second time featured on this blog, and well deserved!  I feel like I can wear this dress hundreds of times and never get tired of it.

Insoles
-I spent a lot of money to have custom insoles made, but it's the only way I can wear high heels!  Here they are featured in my wedding shoes.


So now please tell me: what are your all-time best fashion purchases?

No comments:

Post a Comment