Friday, January 8, 2010

More on coordinating necklaces with clothing -by Shari

I have one dress that only has one shoulder strap. I'm not big on asymmetry in my clothing, but as long as it stops at asymmetrical straps (none of this one arm covered, one arm bare business), I can deal with it. However, what I can't deal with is this:

Whoever dressed Sienna Miller for this photo shoot should be ashamed. That necklace would have made a bold statement against a bare collar bone. Against an asymmetrical dress it looks busy and overdone.

I'm going to search for a picture of a one-shouldered dress paired with a necklace that actually works, but until then I strongly recommend one or the other.












In this photo of Taylor Swift, you can see she opted for earrings instead of a necklace while wearing a similar gown. Even though the dress has more material than the one worn by Sienna Miller, Taylor Swift looks more natural and at ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment